Sunday 18 June 2017

Chorizo Omelette - Father's Day brunch Special!

Father's Day brunch


It's Father's Day! That means I get to spoil my dad (as always 😉)  to a delicious meal. I enjoy spoiling my old man, and today I felt like making him something simple but scrumptious! Since I moved back home from uni, everything has been rearranged and it was a bit of a task getting around the kitchen cupboards to get what I needed! I opened the fridge and was so happy to find two of my favourite things in the world: chorizo and extra mature cheddar! My fridge suddenly feels heavenly (and in this heateavd, the cool air emanating from the fridge was truly a cosmic experience haha.

So I made chorizo, tomato and onion omelette, served with whole,eat bread (we're  doing this "healthy eating" thing in my house 🤗) but I cheekily spread some garlic and herb cream cheese on it for a bit of excitement! He absolutely loved it, and if anyone knows me very well, they know how much I value my dad's opinion on my cooking! Quite an achievement this 🙌🏾

Anyway, here goes:

For the egg "omelette":

Ingredients:

- 7 eggs
- a dash of milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 whole white onion, chopped
- 2 slices extra mature cheddar cheese
- basil
- oregano
- 8 chorizo slices
- 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half


Method:


1. Fry the onion and tomato in just a little bit of oil in a pan
2. Beat the eggs and add a dash of milk and a pinch of salt, whisk thoroughly and add to the pan
3. Immediately add 4 chorizo slices on top, and sprinkle dry basil and oregano dand allow to cook at very low heat 
4. Add bits of the cheddar on top, and add 4 more slices of chorizo on top the pan and transfer to the oven to cook the top part of the omelette
5. Once well cooked, serve
6. Sprinkle more basil to garnish or use fresh leaves instead

Serve with avocado and whole meal bread or whatever else you prefer.

Happy Father's Day 🤗





No comments:

Post a Comment